Faculty and staff are invited to participate in Green Dot overview sessions to learn more about how to be active bystanders.
Green Dot is a bystander intervention strategy to prevent power-based personal violence. It empowers participants to make observations, draw conclusions and take safe steps toward intervention in uncertain situations.
During the overview session, CWRU Green Dot facilitators will:
- Detail the problem of power-based personal violence on college campuses;
- Discuss the barriers some individuals face when considering intervention;
- Allow opportunities to practice various intervention techniques;
- Outline proactive means of preventing violence in our community; and
- Offer opportunities for further involvement in CWRU Green Dot.
Several overview sessions are upcoming:
- Monday, Jan. 9, from 2 to 3:15 p.m. in Nord Hall, Room 400
- Tuesday, Jan. 10, from noon to 1:15 p.m. in Nord Hall, Room 400
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 3 to 4:15 p.m. in Nord Hall, Room 400
Registration for these sessions is available online.