Help put the “giving” back into the giving season by participating in #GivingTuesdayatCWRU today (Nov. 28).
Everyone knows that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are days when shoppers take advantage of huge sales. #GivingTuesday, which follows those deal days, starts the charitable season with a day to highlight philanthropic causes that make a real difference.
For the sixth year, Case Western Reserve University will be participating in the international movement by offering the university community the chance to support student groups and other causes affiliated with campus schools, departments and organizations. This year, even more groups are participating, which means the CWRU community can have a greater impact both locally and beyond.
The university community can support the following student groups, organizations and causes:
- Advocates for Cleveland Health
- Begun Center – Opioid Epidemic
- Campus Composting Initiative
- CAS – Emerging Scholars Program
- Case Fund, in support of student groups and startups
- CCEL (Center for Civic Engagement & Learning)
- CWRU EMS Student Scholarship
- CWRU Green Dot
- CWRU Habitat for Humanity
- CWRU Social Justice Institute Fund
- FPB Scholarship Campaign
- Global Health Design Collaborative: Uganda Project
- Global Medical Brigades – Medical Mission Trip
- Healthy Smiles Sealant Program
- Laura Chisolm ’81 Social Justice Fellowship Fund
- LGBT Student Urgent Need Fund
- MEDLIFE Service Learning Trip
- National Initiative on Mixed Income Communities
- Office of Multicultural Affairs Unity Scholarships
- Project Sunshine
- Research Institute for Children’s Health
- The Stephanie Tubbs-Jones Award
- Student Run Health Clinic – Vaccines for Cleveland
- Weatherhead School of Management – Suresh Srivastva Scholarship Fund
- WISER (Women in Science & Engineering Roundtable)
For detailed descriptions of each of the causes and to make a gift, visit gvcmp.us/lx6rv8.
Last year, more than 400 alumni, faculty, friends, parents, staff and students participated in the campaign, raising nearly $14,000.
To participate in this year’s #GivingTuesdayatCWRU campaign, visit gvcmp.us/lx6rv8.
Students also will be at tables in Tinkham Veale University Center today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to raise money for their causes.