Mario Garcia-Sanz, a professor of electrical engineering and computer science and the inaugural Milton and Tamar Maltz Endowed Chair in Energy Innovation, has been selected for a two-year stint as a program director at the Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E).
During his stint at ARPA-E, Garcia-Sanz will work on projects related to the following areas:
- Advanced control engineering;
- Wind energy systems;
- Renewable and conventional power generation;
- Electrical distribution systems;
- Smart grid technologies; and
- Water treatment plants and networks.
Garcia-Sanz also serves as director of the Control and Energy Systems Center at Case Western Reserve.