With the adoption of Canvas as the learning management system at Case Western Reserve University, the previous system, Blackboard, will be decommissioned Friday, June 1. After this date, individuals will no longer be able to access content in that system.
Teaching and Learning Technologies recommends that students retrieve their content submitted through Blackboard that they might need to use for portfolios, applications and future classes before June 1. The following resources are available to help students locate and save their Blackboard work:
- Refer to the University Technology ([U]Tech) website
- Contact the [U]Tech Service Desk at email@example.com, 216.368.4357 or help.case.edu
- Attend Blackboard Blitz training drop-in sessions
Blackboard Blitz training will help students move data out of Blackboard. The Canvas team will help individuals locate and download data from Blackboard and save it on their computer for future use. Drop-in training sessions are 30 minutes long at various campus locations. Three sessions remain:
- Wednesday, May 16, from noon to 12:30 p.m. at Nord Hall, Room 206
- Wednesday, May 23, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at Olin Hall, Room 313
- Thursday, May 31, from noon to 12:30 p.m. at Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Room 040
Students are not required to register for drop-in sessions.