The Social Justice Institute has extended the deadline to April 2 for graduate and undergraduate students interested in scholarships to attend the 2018 Left Forum, the largest gathering of leftist scholars in North America.
The conference has a history that extends back to the 1960s. This year, the theme will be “Toward a Winning Strategy for the Left.”
Scholarships to attend will be up to $1,000. Students will be encouraged to share housing after the awardees are selected.
To apply, submit the following:
- Name, year of study, areas of study (majors and minors) and email address
- A two- to-three-page essay that includes the following:
- Your motivations for attending
- How you expect the forum will inform your education and/or your current work with student organizations on campus
- How you anticipate using what you learn in your future personal or professional life
- How you might share what you learn with peers upon your return to campus
- An estimated budget that includes travel, hotel or housing accommodations, and food costs, and describes your willingness to share costs with other students.
All applications should be submitted to email@example.com as a PDF before Monday, April 2.
Volunteer and internship opportunities are also available.
For more details about the conderence, visit leftforum.org/conference/theme-nyc-2018.
Contact Social Justice Institute Administrator Lisa Kollins with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.368.7568